The Church of the Divine Savior is one of the most important places in the city of Seville. Not only as a reference temple within Baroque aesthetics, but as a privileged witness to the historical sequence that occurs in the city of Seville.
It is very likely that since Roman times a religious building existed on this place that with the passage of new cultures has evolved until it reaches its current appearance.
What we do know is that in the first half of the 9th century AD the Ibn-Adabbás Mosque was erected, which until the end of the 12th century AD would be the most important Muslim religious complex.
With the Reconquest of Ferdinand the building became a Royal Foundation Collegiate, a rank that it held until 1852.
The construction that we see today was inaugurated in 1712, after rebuilding the previous one that fell apart.